Random thoughts from my day, while travelling around Dhaka, from Lalmati to Apollo hospital to Old Dhaka (agaaaain) and back.
– what percentage of Bangladeshis can actually afford the state of the art Apollo hospital? 5%? 1%? 0.01%?
– why are there always rows of people curiously looking through the railings of the Saudia Arabia Airlines building everything I drive past?
– leaving the house with wet hair, then subjecting yourself to a 1 hour CNG drive across Dhaka in winter is not a good idea
– Bangladesh’s Supreme Court is built in the shape of a mosque. Doesn’t exactly scream secularism does it.
– what would happen if the traffic suddenly starts moving while my CNG driver is still taking a leak by the side of the road into Dhaka’s ever flowing stream of piss?
– fellow volunteers have spent more money on their Bagha bills than I’m spending on my amazing table, chairs AND lazy boy chair. It’s totally worth it.